Globe Investigations and People Finder Direct are committed to protecting the privacy of all the personal information visitors to our website give us. We take your privacy very seriously and are not in the business of selling, renting, or trading e-mail lists with other companies and businesses for marketing purposes.
This policy details the measures we take preserving and safely guarding your privacy when you visit or communicate with our website or personnel.
We comply with the UK’s Data Protection Act 2018 and are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office under the registration number Z2158669.
The Data Controller is:
Mrs E Anthony
P & E South Wales Ltd
T/A Globe Investigations and People Finder Direct
Unit 2A Castleton Court, Fortran Road, Cardiff CF3 0LT
- What information do we collect?
When you place a search/ trace request with us, or you complete one of our online forms, we’ll collect some details from you. By requesting a search/trace with us or completing an online form, you’ll be agreeing that your personal information can be used and disclosed as set out in this policy.
The information we may ask you for:
Date of Birth
We also collect information on customers whose accounts have been passed to us from our clients and other public data sources.
We collect information about you to enable us to process requests efficiently and to provide you with the best possible service e.g. Employment-related information such as work history, current employer, ownership of companies, home ownership.
- What we do with information we collect?
Use in external searches via databases and directories for locating missing persons and assets as requested.
- To carry out our investigations arising from any contracts between you and us and use in completed reports.
- To contact you with any updates to supplied information.
- Keep a record of your instruction for compliance and any future interaction.
- Internal record keeping.
- Information Sharing?
We may also pass your details onto a third party for the purposes set out above, or to help prevent Fraud. We have a duty to disclose or share your personal data to comply with any legal obligation.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We will retain your personal data for no longer that is necessary for the purpose for which it is obtained, or for as long as the law requires us to do so.
- How do we keep your information secure?
We follow strict security procedures as to how your personal information is stored and used, and who sees it, to help stop any unauthorised person getting hold of it.
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website.
- How you can access your information?
The General Date Protection Regulations (GDPR) give you the right to access information held about you. You can contact us using the information shown above requesting access to your personal information.
You will be asked to provide proof of your identity before we show you your personal information, so we can prevent unauthorised access.
- Contact Us
A cookie is a text-only string of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer’s hard disk so that the website can remember who you are. A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the “lifetime” of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number. Two types of cookies are used on this website:
- Session Cookies which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site.
- Persistent cookies, which remain in the cookie file of your browser for much longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie).
Find out more about cookies.
- To allow you to carry information across pages of our site and avoid having to re-enter information.
• Within registration to allow you to access stored information.
- To help us recognise you as a unique visitor (just a number) when you return to our website and to allow us to tailor content or advertisements to match your preferred interests or to avoid showing you the same adverts repeatedly.
- To compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use our site and to help us improve the structure of our website. We cannot identify you personally in this way.
You can accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features of our site if cookies are disabled.